NJ Unemployment claim status, weekly benefits, phone number, certification, and more
Unemployment Insurance (UI) is a program that provides financial assistance to people who lose their jobs through no fault of their own. If you have lost your job or know you are about to lose, you can claim unemployment insurance. But every state has certain requirements through which your eligibility is checked in order to receive unemployment insurance benefits.
To qualify for NJ unemployment insurance benefits, you must meet all of the eligibility requirements of the New Jersey unemployment compensation law. Those who meet the requirements can receive benefits for up to 26 weeks over a period of one year. With these benefits, unemployed workers meet their financial obligations in search of work.
If you are from New Jersey or working here then this post is the solution to all unemployment-related questions. NJ unemployment claim benefits, authentication, claim status, schedule, phone number, weekly claim, and all processes of online claim are given below
NJ Unemployment Eligibility
You have to file a claim to get NJ unemployment insurance benefits. You are not allowed to file a claim unless you are unemployed. You can apply for an unemployment claim online or by telephone if you meet the below-mentioned requirements.
- Have worked only in New Jersey in the past 18 months, or
- Have worked in NJ and any other state(s) in the past 18 months, or
- Worked in the federal government and NJ in the past 18 months, or
- Served in the military in the last 18 months and is physically present in New Jersey.
Information required to file online claim
To file a new unemployment claim, re-open an existing one, or claim weekly benefits, you will need the following information:
- your social security number
- pension information
- Alien Registration Number (if you are not a US citizen).
- Your NJ driver’s license or NJ non-driver identification number.
- The amount and duration of any severance payments you may have received.
- Recall date (if you expect to be called back to your job).
- Military Form DD-214 (if you were in the military in the last 18 months).
- Form SF-8 or SF-50 (if you were a federal employee).
- Employer details you have worked for in the last 18 months
- Union hiring hall information, including local number and address (if you find work through a union).
- Your bank account number and routing number (if you are planning to receive your benefits through direct deposit).
NJ unemployment claim status
If you have already filed for UI claim and want to check your NJ unemployment claim status then click on the below link. myunemployment.nj.gov
NJ Unemployment Phone Number
If you do not wish to file your claim online, or if you have specific questions, you can call the Claims Inquiry Center from Monday to Friday. Here is the list: New Jersey unemployment phone number –
|Northern NJ||201 601 4100|
|Central NJ||732 761 2020|
|Southern NJ||856 507 2340|
|Out of the State||888 795 6672 (toll-free)|
NJ Unemployment phone number to claim weekly benefits
|Office||Telephone No.||Office||Telephone No.|
|NJ new Unemployment Insurance claim||Click here|
|Certify for weekly benefits 2022||Click here|
|Update your contact information||Click here|
|NJ unemployment login 2022||Click here|
|New Jersey unemployment 2021||Click here|
|NJ unemployment schedule||Click here|
|NJ unemployment certification certify||Click here|
|NJunemployment extension||Click here|
|NJ unemployment claim benefits||Click here|
If you qualify for unemployment insurance (UI) benefits, the amount you receive each week is called your Weekly Benefit Rate (WBR). This amount will be 60% of your average weekly income during the base year period up to the maximum amount.
For 2022, the maximum weekly benefit rate (WBR) is $804.